[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: sidfu on August 02, 2017, 01:49:35 PM
@ken we just recenly added mineifable to objects. if u getting a error about it we need to know which object. the trader bug looks like it happened due to the minefiable spam.

Did the team modify that directly in your mods, or did you add in one of the existing mods like "Miniaturisation" or "Minify Everything"?

I only ask because I don't think I remember seeing one of those mods when last installing the mod pack and I usually add one of those two in. Don't want to mess something up by adding a mod that is doing something already being done.

Exoray

Totally a noob here but what's the best starting food? Jerky was before but now that has a process, I run out of survival packs pretty fast then have to live off bushes and what not. I have only just started using this mod as vanilla became easy, the guide is outdated so that was no help.

Be gentle  :-[

Dobroslaw

Best mod ever!

Could you please add:

1) meele hunting? I have dl separate mod for this but it is not working.
2) wildlife tab - so no separate mod is required?

Also I suggest to move salting meat from butchering tabel to cooking table. Thanks to this we could set cooking fresh meet until xxx, and rest could be salted. Now salting has higher priority and if one pawn is designated to cooking job, he will firstly salt all raw meet then cook from raw meet. After moving to cooking he could cook first and then salt.

Regards,
Dobroslaw

Valor

Quote from: Exoray on August 02, 2017, 04:30:19 PM
Totally a noob here but what's the best starting food? Jerky was before but now that has a process, I run out of survival packs pretty fast then have to live off bushes and what not. I have only just started using this mod as vanilla became easy, the guide is outdated so that was no help.

Be gentle  :-[

You have two options currently. If you have both meat and vegetables I suggest making pemmican. If you have meat only, salt all your meat, and roast only up to 5-10 meals (depends how many pawns you have).

But getting basic freezer should not be hard. Simple coal plant can easily power one, costs pretty basic resources, and on most maps peat is easily gatherable.

kenmtraveller

Hey,
with regards to the minified furniture bug, here's what was in my save file:
<thing Class="MinifiedThing">
                  <def>MinifiedFurniture</def>
                  <id>MinifiedFurniture368549</id>
                  <map>0</map>
                  <pos>(124, 0, 65)</pos>
                  <health>100</health>
                  <stackCount>1</stackCount>
                  <innerContainer Class="Verse.ThingOwner`1[Verse.Thing]">
                     <maxStacks>1</maxStacks>
                     <innerList />
                  </innerContainer>
               </thing>

Hope this helps!  I'm going to delete this fragment, hopefully that will fix my trader problems.

TA1980

Dear sidfu,

there is an error in RimWorld\Mods\Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs_Races\Races_Animal_BigCats.xml. The snow leopard and the jaguar have two "comfytempmin" each, the first value seemingly being the intended one, the latter "0" degree. You might want to check on this.
On the matter, is it possible to set a "comfytempmax" in the same way? If so, you might want to consider detailing this.

Regards

Eruga

Hi,
So, i just tried this modpack, installed a clean game + modpack, nothing added, started a new game, exiled scenario, because i like to start slow.
Spring starting, 1 pawn, no weapons or food. + peacefull difficulty, just to check out the options, since i havent played in a while.
5th day of summer, one guy is offering to join, so finnaly building is speeding up, no event or whatever, no please help me someones chasing, just someone asking to join. 6th day of summer, i get a raid from a skynet terminator with a burstweapon. On peacefull. Not even 2 seasons since the start. You can take a guess how that went for me.
Bottom line: either somethings bugged with some skynet event, or the modpack is unplayable unless you go devmode every time to fix the balance. Its going hightech waaay to soon. Completely impossible to enjoy a slower paced extended game.
Well thats my first impression anyways.
Regards,
Eru

Canute

What storyteller did you use, one of the vanilia ones, or one from the modpack ?
Did the skynet arrive without your own terminator event before ?
If you got an own terminator, 1-2 terminators should be doable even with just bows/crossbows.

SirDerpface

Quote from: Canute on August 03, 2017, 06:09:20 AM
What storyteller did you use, one of the vanilia ones, or one from the modpack ?
Did the skynet arrive without your own terminator event before ?
If you got an own terminator, 1-2 terminators should be doable even with just bows/crossbows.
Can confirm. Melee the enemy terminator with your own and get all your ranged weapon users to shoot the terminator. Be careful as it heals 2hp from every injury really fast at once. If you got the fake colonist event, I have no idea as it always killed the fake colonist and nothing happened. But you can't draft the colonist so that's a dead giveaway. Other than he looks like a robot and has 20 at shooting and melee.
Also for some reason terminators after a while get all skills unlocked at level 15, probly some mod conflict.

ignazflam

Hello

after 4 games with this mod I would like to share impressions. I like the mod and I am going to use it a few issues I encountered from the perspective of tribal start:

- I think diseases should be more forgiving for tribal starts. Right now every disease means death for the pawn. Probably some low tech level utilities or drugs could help here.
- The terminator event. I was forced to disable this mod. The fact that OP pawn will join my tribe and help to kill other op pawns is blowing my mind and it is something that cannot happen in procedural generated content game.
- Events are too random and sometimes too hard at the beginning. I mean abomination, artifact or darkness can wipe your early tribe instantly.
- The predators, the number should be reduced. For example in my last game 12 landslides , sabrecat and wywern
- I think number of buildings does not necessary has to be that big. How many ovens you need. Right now you got one for bricks, one for metal, one to create metal weapons, 2 for heating etc. Additionally I would like to have some items moved like salt meat from butcher table to cooking table. The reason for that butcher table has higher priority and it is hard to manage these things

This is really good mod pack, keep your good work.

cudd

Where can I download v6 Endevour? I can't find the download link anywhere.

kenmtraveller

My two cents:  I agree about the terminator event, I disable it also.  I don't like such a scripted event happening in my game.  And it bugs me that a lot of the other bad events are way harder for me as a result, since I don't have an OP terminator to, for example, fight mechanoids with.
Abomination is very hard unless you have better weapons than the starting ones.  I just execute the colonist now, but that's very metagame.
I don't like the darkness event, it's also disabled in my game, but mostly because it's a dice roll whether or not a colonist is out in the field when it happens.
I don't have an issue with amount of predators, and I don't think there are too many buildings.  I do agree that salting meat should be on the cooking table, so I can prioritize it relative to other cooking tasks.

While we are on the subject, I think mechanoids are currently way too powerful  with CE/HCSK, especially stalkers.

And yeah, the modpack is amazing... I basically play 1 game of vanilla each release now, and then switch to HCSK.

Ken

sidfu

most of u find it hard as u still stuck in vanilla mindset. the skynet mod and darkness event can be disabled if u dont like that's the reason they separate mod.

darkness is easy event just put a bunch of torches out and easy to bypass.
mechs are in process of being balanced.

@ignzflam  on buildings its call progression. each type is better make more items or different items.

Valor

Quick question.

Any reason to use ammo with over 100% of armor penetration? For example, why would I use .50 BGM sabot (19 dmg 110% arp) vs .50 BGM AP-I (28 dmg 9 ignite 105% arp)?

kenmtraveller

I'm sure you are right.  I was able to reliably win randy extreme in A16, but the combination of all of the AI fixes in A17 , CE, and HCSK has been hard to figure out.   I currently play Rey Rough, btw.
I'm glad to hear that Mechanoids are being rebalanced.  I no longer have significant problems with non-mechanoid raids, but I have difficulty inflicting sufficient damage on mechanoid scythers and stalkers before they kill me.  I can handle lone centipedes by kiting.

I'm thinking that I'm not investing in weapon production early enough.  I think I'm in year 2 and I have yet to build my own rifles.  My current strategy against poison ships (on my second one now) is to partially wall it in at 3 distance, then place 5-7 IEDs in the way out, then trigger it, after placing more IEDs on where I think they would likely assault my base.
That didn't actually kill any mechanoids, so i then called in help from two friendly factions in succession, however the orassans showed up without weapons and the others were medieval.  They did inflict some damage on a scyther.
I'm now debating whether it will be useful to ask for more help -- I do have around 3000 silver -- or not.  Only my survival rifle does significant damage against the mechanoids due to their armor, and the scyther seems to be more accurate , with better damage and longer range.
How would you handle this situation?
Ken

Quote from: sidfu on August 03, 2017, 07:51:51 PM
most of u find it hard as u still stuck in vanilla mindset. the skynet mod and darkness event can be disabled if u dont like that's the reason they separate mod.

darkness is easy event just put a bunch of torches out and easy to bypass.
mechs are in process of being balanced.

@ignzflam  on buildings its call progression. each type is better make more items or different items.