[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Canute

Quote from: psninja on July 12, 2017, 06:24:17 PM
just here for a question my colonie was doing super good i just started the plumbing facility and all the water based conduit and a crashed ship part just landed on the map i can't destroy it and there is a spychic drone inside. what technologie do i need to destroy that atrocity ? thanks
You never encounter this event at the vanilia gameplay ?
Just use the stoneage technology to open the Big Can of Mechanoids. But i would suggest to shoot at the ship from distance. Then serveral Mechanoids will spawn and defend the ship part. Once the ship wreck get below 50% HP the remain mechanoids will attack your colony.
Be aware mechanoids are a much bigger thread then at the regular gameplay.

Quote1. I always find myself low on iron/ore even at the start of the game, are quarries the best way to get more or should i just keep mining mountains to find ore deposits?
Do you notice these mineral deposits or rare mineral deposits on the map, you couldn't mine with your pawns ? With the proper research you can place an automatic drill on it and can select what kind of minerals it mine until the drill collapse.
The quarry isn't realy a good way to gather minerals.

Quote2. the temperature in my buildings has suddenly become really hot, up to like 50 deg celsius, im guessing this is probably heat from some of my production benches like electric smelter etc, but how should i manage temperature properly? do i need to just spam coolers into my living quarters?
Yes, most workbenches generate heat, so any power generator do. Since this is very helpful on cold biomes, on regular and hot biomes you need good airconditions like coolers and duct system to transport heat.

QuoteFor some reason the colonists now refuse to haul items from the mod like prime meat and beef jerky to the freezer.
Check if the stockpiles get the "allow fresh" flag enabled. It is off by default i think.

Lonfield

Quote from: nchlsf on July 13, 2017, 12:10:20 AM
Hi all, first time trying out his mod pack and amazed by the amount of stuff inside, kudos to the mod creator.

Im currently facing some problems, would appreciate it if anyone has any tips

1. I always find myself low on iron/ore even at the start of the game, are quarries the best way to get more or should i just keep mining mountains to find ore deposits?

2. the temperature in my buildings has suddenly become really hot, up to like 50 deg celsius, im guessing this is probably heat from some of my production benches like electric smelter etc, but how should i manage temperature properly? do i need to just spam coolers into my living quarters?

Thanks in advance for the help

They've already answered but I'll try to contribute. What I tend to do is (even in a mountain base) to build as many heat generation stations as I can together and find a balance between open roofs and the heat generated so the room is from 15-30 during the year, cheaper than building coolers (i'm always low on electronic components) but more time consuming.

My bases are always at biomes where at some point in the year there is snow ^^

Dudok22

Quote from: Duftmand on July 13, 2017, 12:55:18 AM
Hello again. Getting my sh*it kicked in alright. But by a bug. For some reason the colonists now refuse to haul items from the mod like prime meat and beef jerky to the freezer. The path is clear, the storage is empty, but it still gives me the "no empty, accessible spot configured to store it. Tried deleting all my stockpiles, but that didn't work either. It kinda sucks. Is there a way around this other than placing your butcher's table in the freezer itself? hauling stone blocks and medicine to their own stockpiles works just fine too

Check if you have "Allow Fresh" enabled in your stockpile - it's right at the top

Chiasm

Any tips for mechanoids? I'm using AP ammo, but they tend to one-shot my guys and very rarely miss, even through embrasures.

Geroj

Quote from: Chiasm on July 13, 2017, 01:58:34 PM
Any tips for mechanoids? I'm using AP ammo, but they tend to one-shot my guys and very rarely miss, even through embrasures.

155mm cannon can do some damage to them

kenmtraveller

I could also use some tips with mechanoids... I just had a promising game end due to the mechanoid terraformer event.  It spawned way more mechanoids than I could handle, even with LMG-15s.  My embrasures didn't keep them from one-shotting my colonists, and more mechanoids spawned than I had colonists.   I'm guessing the answer is "Tech up Faster".  Do most people run multiple research benches?  This was on Rey Rough btw... I cannot bring myself to play on 'mediocre' difficulty, LOL.

kenmtraveller

Also, I'm curious what people's early/midgame research priorities are?
I generally try to get the ammo bench early, then embrasures, then  windmill/batteries/coolers , and only after that do I start working towards advanced crops (I start with potato seeds) and advanced workbenches.  It appears to me that after that one should get the coal generator and drilling rig/oil refinery/petrochemical laboratory, since these gate rubber, which is used for a lot of crucial things.  But, petro infrastructure takes tons of components and mechanisms, so not sure if I am attempting it too early.

Ken

Slipshodian

Quote from: kenmtraveller on July 13, 2017, 02:26:31 PM
I could also use some tips with mechanoids... I just had a promising game end due to the mechanoid terraformer event.  It spawned way more mechanoids than I could handle, even with LMG-15s.  My embrasures didn't keep them from one-shotting my colonists, and more mechanoids spawned than I had colonists.   I'm guessing the answer is "Tech up Faster".  Do most people run multiple research benches?  This was on Rey Rough btw... I cannot bring myself to play on 'mediocre' difficulty, LOL.

I try to hoarde some explosives if possible, since even stickbombs tend to hurt them a lot more than bullets do. One colony i had survived despite a very early poison ship landing a stones throw from my entire base, solely because i 'liberated' some plasma grenades from a passing traveler, by injuring them badly, then patching them up and letting them go. There's no way a single rifle and pistol would have ever taken out the two mechs that spawned from hitting it, but the grenades crippled them quickly enough that they couldn't aim at all when firing back.

Duftmand

Quote from: Dudok22 on July 13, 2017, 04:25:50 AM
Check if you have "Allow Fresh" enabled in your stockpile - it's right at the top
I allowed fresh and it started hauling it. Thanks for the help!

CroPro2016

there is glich when there is event which adds faction near you and after thath event when you eneter world map its copleatly Black  whith only faction icons visible

kenmtraveller

Yeah, I do this too...in my last game I had both plasma grenades and stick bombs and used them to deal with a poison ship semisuccessfully (only one casualty).  But, I don't see that approach scaling well to fighting 8-10 mechanoids b/c of the need to get so close. 

I think it's pretty wierd/exploity that the main way colonies acquire initial adequate defense is when friendlies/visitors come to help and die.  I guess it makes sense, though.  In my case high tech friendlies decided to help against an infestation and all were downed, I managed to rescue 3 of 5 and captured all 5 of their LMG-15s, and afterwards battles vs raiders got way easier.  But, those weapons don't work well against mechanoids, at least w/o AP rounds (which require depeleted uranium, another resource I don't have at the time mechanoid raids start).

Do all of the turrets require a kit purchased from a trader?  I deferred researching turrets b/c I was lacking cash to buy that sort of thing anyway.

Quote from: Slipshodian on July 13, 2017, 02:42:03 PM
I try to hoarde some explosives if possible, since even stickbombs tend to hurt them a lot more than bullets do. One colony i had survived despite a very early poison ship landing a stones throw from my entire base, solely because i 'liberated' some plasma grenades from a passing traveler, by injuring them badly, then patching them up and letting them go. There's no way a single rifle and pistol would have ever taken out the two mechs that spawned from hitting it, but the grenades crippled them quickly enough that they couldn't aim at all when firing back.

sidfu

for terraformer event. u cant hit the terraformer or it keep ssummoned more. u have to pull them away and kill cause if even 1 strat bullet hits it it summon more. and it can summon a invasion.

for normal instances try range attacking with a catupult. they have around 50 block range and are moveable good if a moutain is in way so they cant see u

Undeadbanana

Quote from: skyarkhangel on December 12, 2016, 06:21:10 PM
Quote from: ThomasCro on December 12, 2016, 10:44:19 AM
Sadly, the latest git has made my old saves unplayable. Won't load.

please don't update if no need new game, especially if wrote "Big update".  ???

Quote from: ajaviide on December 12, 2016, 07:59:12 AM
hey guys is it compatible with facial stuff mod? thx

50/50. You can try to test. If not, just switch off mod.

I don't think it is compatible. Tried the newest release of Facial Stuff and the Beta version. Facial stuff items don't appear at pawn creation or ingame amongst visitors and the Face Styling bench's GUI bugs out when using it.

Kirinya

Has anyone been able to make compost in the A17 version?

Started a new colony a few days back with a fresh install and the rotted mush, which I think is supposed to break down to compost, does not.
Rotted meat decomposes to the mush though, and I have not yet found any other possibility to make compost.

sidfu

Quote from: Kirinya on July 14, 2017, 12:10:44 PM
Has anyone been able to make compost in the A17 version?

Started a new colony a few days back with a fresh install and the rotted mush, which I think is supposed to break down to compost, does not.
Rotted meat decomposes to the mush though, and I have not yet found any other possibility to make compost.

u process it at the butcher bench. then u get compost to use to make fertilzer. so save all that. plus even thou its rotted in emergency u can eat it.