[B18]-Efficient Light-Simple Power Reduction-11.18.17

Started by Rimfire, July 19, 2016, 09:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimfire

[B18]-Efficient Light-11.18.17

Description:
Lowers power consumption of standing lamp from 75 to 25.

Issues
If you have any feedback, please share it. This is a relatively simple mod that doesn't seem to have any compatibility issues, and does what it says on the tin, but please let me know if you have any problems or solutions.

Author/Mod Team
I made this. It is not much, so use it freely in any capacity. My name is Rimfire, no relation.

Download
Download the attachment on this post.
OR
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727862986

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

E: Updated for A15.
E2: Updated for A16.
E3: Updated for A17.
E4: Updated for B18.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

123nick

do you think the standing lamps 150 power consumption is a bit much?

kaptain_kavern

He he that's always there things I change after every update ;-)

Thx for sharing and welcome o/

Riddle78

While I love your mod,I have an issue with it. It's incompatible with EdB Prepare Carefully; Something about it makes it impossible for EdB Prepare Carefully to draw its window upon pressing the button. Might wanna look into that for future versions.

While 150 watts is too high, 25 is definitely too low.  It's an incandescent bulb (based on it's texture) and they aren't exactly power efficient.  I'd say 80-100 watts is more appropriate for the given output.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

BlueWinds

Quote from: Riddle78 on July 22, 2016, 02:14:05 AM
While I love your mod,I have an issue with it. It's incompatible with EdB Prepare Carefully; Something about it makes it impossible for EdB Prepare Carefully to draw its window upon pressing the button. Might wanna look into that for future versions.

Yep, came here to report that bug too. Plus another one: when this mod is enabled, building chairs/stools fails. The pawn sets to work, builds the thing... and then once it's complete, the game throws an error and the blueprint disappears without leaving the object behind. This may only be a problem with CCL + Efficient Light, but I haven't checked.

My guess is that this mod's copy of FurnitureBase is borked somehow?

Rimfire

Thank you for the bug reports. I'm not certain I have the technical chops to address mod incompatibility issues, but I'll take a look. One thing you may want to check is that you have the latest version of Efficient Light. I updated it on Steam and here, but if you downloaded from here in the first day or so, you may have gotten a file that had A13 code, and too much of it to boot! That's my fault, and I apologize if my ignorance has caused you any stress. You might also want to fool with your mod load order, as that can often resolve incompatibility issues.

EpicoTm

Quote from: Rimfire on July 19, 2016, 09:53:50 PM
[A14]-Efficient Light-7.19.16

Description:
Lowers power consumption of standing lamp from 150 to 25.

Issues
If you have any feedback, please share it. This is a relatively simple mod that doesn't seem to have any compatibility issues, and does what it says on the tin, but please let me know if you have any problems or solutions.

Author/Mod Team
I made this. It is not much, so use it freely in any capacity. My name is Rimfire, no relation.

Download
Download the attachment on this post.
OR
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727862986

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

E: Updated for A14c, trimmed some fat.
very good

Serenity

Rimfire

Uploaded A15 version so people don't have to change the version number themselves.

nammoni

where to find the attachment sry for being stupid its my first time

Thyme

I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

thinkpad

Can you offer the A16 version too?  I'm not ready to move to A17.  Thanks