[1.0] SeedsPlease!

Started by notfood, August 16, 2016, 01:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomFav

Is it possible to increase quantity and types of seed that the caravans sell? In 2 full years of treading I could only buy 30 corn seed and 20 potato seed :(

Canute

You aware that you can create seeds out of vegetables ?
Even when a trader don't sell seeds, bulk goods should sell veggies which you can turn into seeds.

forumgod

I don't get plant xp for cutting trees either, it's definitely because of this mod because I have no other that relates to planting. Also I don't run on Mac but windows 10 like everyone else, please be responsible and stop trying to find ridiculous excuses like blaming the OS for a simple function that has no need for system calls. @RicRider

PhantomFav

Quote from: Canute on May 20, 2019, 10:24:24 AM
You aware that you can create seeds out of vegetables ?
Even when a trader don't sell seeds, bulk goods should sell veggies which you can turn into seeds.
yes, and vegetables are pretty expensive and occupy much space if you consider that you need 400 corn for only 40 seed.
Seriously, the only seed that you can buy and are abundant are the tree seed and they are pretty much useless in the majority of the cases.

RicRider

Quote from: nickdos on May 20, 2019, 11:22:34 AM
I don't get plant xp for cutting trees either, it's definitely because of this mod because I have no other that relates to planting. Also I don't run on Mac but windows 10 like everyone else, please be responsible and stop trying to find ridiculous excuses like blaming the OS for a simple function that has no need for system calls. @RicRider

That's insulting. Like really insulting. I'm just trying to help. I said in my post that I was clearly speculating. No need to go and assume I was being irresponsible or something. It's attitudes like yours that make it difficult to post on forums, because now I'm supposed to suck it up. And I can't. I just feel like reaching through the screen and choking you. Also what the hell does 'Windows 10 like everyone else' mean? Are you seriously going to do the Windows is better than Mac BS at me? Take a hike.
##Coding Scrub##

notfood

No XP bug is fixed in master. Go test it.

forumgod

Indeed it works now, thanks

forumgod

You never have enough seeds even with experienced planters and constantly having to sacrifice half the harvest for seeds, this mod is plain unplayable.

notfood

No? I play with it all the time. You only need to sacrifice part of your harvest when you want to expand your farm. Otherwise it stays consistant and over time it grows anyhow there is only chance to gain more seeds over time.

forumgod

Sorry but I don't play in base builder difficulty and neither do the others that complained about the same thing itt

Canute

The difficult shouldn't have an impact on the harvest/seed.
It only made raids harder and more event's can happen.

Maybe another mod interfere with SeedPlease too.
nickdos, maybe post your modlist (use the green Share log button at the low window).
Notfood did you test it with Fertile Field, since that mod modify the harvest for plant scraps.

notfood

Seed management has nothing to do with difficulty, indeed. Growing a farm isn't something instant like in vanilla. You have to take time to grow it, try using plowing mods like Fertile Fields to increase the growing speed. This mod is a difficulty challenge, if you can't balance your produce between seeds and mouths to feed, you will have a hard time.

whyareuhere

I was wondering if Seeds Please had compatibility with the Combat Extended mod? I have seeds from T's mods (tomatoes and carrots), but none for blazebulbs in Combat Extended. Any help would be appreciated!

RicRider

@Notfood Big thank you for fixing xp gain from cut and harvest. Just replaced SeedsPlease folder in a running game with the one from Master (too lazy to wait for current colony to die) and all useless pawns are now getting plant xp.

Merci!
##Coding Scrub##

Tocato

does this latest release include support for rimcuisine? https://github.com/notfood/RimWorld-SeedsPlease/releases
just making sure since the latest update there was last year and cuisine released a few months ago