[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epishade

Fire spreads ridonkulously fast now lol.  I like it.  Fire in vanilla was super easy to control just by drafting all your pawns and telling them to put it out.  I didn't realize how dangerous fire spreading was in this mod now, and ended up with a pawn dying just by trying to put it out.

I never used to research firefoam poppers...ever.  I might have to start getting that now though.

I'm a bit mixed on the addition of smoke to indoor fires though.  I think the concept is ok, and definitely makes it harder to put out indoors fires.  At the moment though I think it's too strong, and the smoke inhalation debuff lasts for too long.  I wouldn't mind if it were toned down a little bit.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: makute on November 02, 2019, 09:11:32 AM
As of the CEGuns changelog, the P7 and Kriss Vector have been removed. Any reason behind that change? I always thought we were short on the sidearms aspect. Is the S-11 Charge SMG meant to fill their void or just to add more colour to the charge weapons?

CE Guns was always meant to fill in niches opened up by CE mechanics with the minimum of clutter. There are plenty of gun mods like Rimfire that cater to people who want more variety but nothing for people who dislike the added clutter. When the Uzi got removed from vanilla it meant we had two .45 SMG's and only one gun that uses 9x19mm. A poll showed the P7 to also not be a very popular sidearm to begin with. So in the interest of cutting down on clutter, those two were removed, though there's already mods that add them back in if you're so inclined.

The S-11 is in response to common requests for a charge tier close-range weapon.

Quote from: Epishade on November 02, 2019, 11:49:49 AM
I'm a bit mixed on the addition of smoke to indoor fires though.  I think the concept is ok, and definitely makes it harder to put out indoors fires.  At the moment though I think it's too strong, and the smoke inhalation debuff lasts for too long.  I wouldn't mind if it were toned down a little bit.

There's gas masks and improvised gas masks available, the latter right from the start at the crafting spot. If you're concerned about indoor fires you can equip your firefighters with those (keep in mind they apply a hediff when worn).
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

duckegg

Hello, the new update caused my save to be full of errors.
Is there a way to download the previous version 1.5? I tried to go to github and download it from there, but when I unzipped the 1.5 file, it is shown as "version 1.0.1.2" instead of "version 1.0.1.5". I tried to start a game using this and it did not work.
(the other CombatExtended file is for the current 1.0.1.6)

Canute

Hi,
you know some mod author are very lazy with the version tag's ! :-)
Since you download the right one, i just would try it out.

duckegg

Hello , Thank you. I have already tried out the "version 1.0.1.2" file that should have been 1.5, and I still had a lot of errors. I think it may be the wrong version since a lot of my mods did not function properly and there were a lot of purple squares.

Fafn1r

New version is, on first look, not compatibile with Simple Sidearms, RPG Style Inventory (CE) and Frontier Development Shields.

Asero

Kori

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 02, 2019, 01:44:33 PM
A poll showed the P7 to also not be a very popular sidearm to begin with. So in the interest of cutting down on clutter, those two were removed, though there's already mods that add them back in if you're so inclined.

Where can I find this mod?

Eryx

I miss both of those; the P7 was my standard sidearm, actually. The .45 really didn't pack enough punch when comparing the lack of available rounds.

I also liked the Vector but the UMP is there, no need for two .45 caliber SMGs.

Do you think nightvision is ever going to be a thing?

I still need to try out the newest version, though, but strongly hope for the return of at least the P7, or some other 9mm capacity>power sidearm.

What about save compatibility?

megatech2795

So I installed this with CE guns and I instantly had an issue when I loaded a new game. The moment I spawned in there was no menu bar at the bottom. Whenever I would move my mouse the bar would flicker rapidly in and out of being. I can't use it or click anything on it. This makes the game unplayable. I have no idea why this is happening but I have the new 1.6.2 CE and the 1.6 CE guns releases. Anyone got a solution?

Epishade

Are non-digging enemies supposed to be basically completely incapable of meleeing anything down anymore?  Before the update, enemies could break down wooden doors quite easily (as they should be able to).  Now, a thrumbo can't even do more than a few percent of damage to my doors per hit anymore.  Same thing with furniture.  Anything I leave outside, especially if immune to fire, is basically indestructible now.  Enemies that melee it only do like 1-3 damage per hit.

This also makes meleeing crashed mechanoid ships to death take quite a long time too.

Trimm

Quote from: Epishade on November 09, 2019, 10:57:08 AM
Are non-digging enemies supposed to be basically completely incapable of meleeing anything down anymore?  Before the update, enemies could break down wooden doors quite easily (as they should be able to).  Now, a thrumbo can't even do more than a few percent of damage to my doors per hit anymore.  Same thing with furniture.  Anything I leave outside, especially if immune to fire, is basically indestructible now.  Enemies that melee it only do like 1-3 damage per hit.

This also makes meleeing crashed mechanoid ships to death take quite a long time too.

I came here to post the exact same thing, melee seems totally broken. A wooden knife, plasteel longsword or uranium club, nothing hits *anything* for more than 1 or 2 damage. It feels like either the weapons are all set to 0.00 melee armor penetration, or the new armor system is breaking melee weapons. I have to use shotguns to blast hives and ship pieces because melee takes an ungoldly length of time now.

makute

Quote from: megatech2795 on November 08, 2019, 08:11:02 PM
So I installed this with CE guns and I instantly had an issue when I loaded a new game. The moment I spawned in there was no menu bar at the bottom. Whenever I would move my mouse the bar would flicker rapidly in and out of being. I can't use it or click anything on it. This makes the game unplayable. I have no idea why this is happening but I have the new 1.6.2 CE and the 1.6 CE guns releases. Anyone got a solution?
Most probably an installation issue or a corrupted download. I've installed the latest version of both mods and works flawlessly, apart from the obvious problems with the current weapon behaviour.

That said, I want to thank @NoImageAvailable for his continous effort in improving what may be the single best RimWorld mod. I look forward to wreack havok upon my enemies with the new smoke mechanics :)

BTW, were you aware of the "Combat Effects for Combat Extended" mod? It looks amazing. What are the chances of a collaboration between the two to implement those effects in CE?

atewithouttabIe

Tested 1.7 from github for 10mins:

Assuming, carefully, that the added smoke check for the pawns and thus them avoiding areas is responsible for a 2-3 second hang every 5-10 seconds in game, no matter if smoke is turned off in Mod settings -- back to 1.6xx version ...all fine

1.6 related while were at it: 7.92x33 kurz can't comb a Thrumbos fur anymore let alone penetrate it, not even an eye

+ the other Stuff above ie Melee damage and such (whailing at a wooden door for 10mins slowly whittling it down 1% at a time et all)

Trimm

Quote from: atewithouttabIe on November 12, 2019, 01:19:36 AM
Tested 1.7 from github for 10mins:

Assuming, carefully, that the added smoke check for the pawns and thus them avoiding areas is responsible for a 2-3 second hang every 5-10 seconds in game, no matter if smoke is turned off in Mod settings -- back to 1.6xx version ...all fine

1.6 related while were at it: 7.92x33 kurz can't comb a Thrumbos fur anymore let alone penetrate it, not even an eye

+ the other Stuff above ie Melee damage and such (whailing at a wooden door for 10mins slowly whittling it down 1% at a time et all)

This is because some of the older/odd ammunition is still using the old armor penetration calcs. Those are easy enough to go into the def file and update manually. For example with 7.92x33mm Kurz for the Stg44: CombatExtended\Defs\Ammo\Rifle

792x33mmKurz.xml reads

<ThingDef Class="CombatExtended.AmmoDef" ParentName="Base792x33mmKurzBullet">
      <defName>Bullet_792x33mmKurz_FMJ</defName>
      <label>7.92mm Kurz bullet (FMJ)</label>
      <projectile Class="CombatExtended.ProjectilePropertiesCE">
         <damageAmountBase>16</damageAmountBase>
         <armorPenetrationBase>0.501</armorPenetrationBase>
      </projectile>
   </ThingDef>

Since it's an older round, I changed it to be a little less powerful than 7.62x39 FMJ:

<ThingDef Class="CombatExtended.AmmoDef" ParentName="Base792x33mmKurzBullet">
      <defName>Bullet_792x33mmKurz_FMJ</defName>
      <label>7.92mm Kurz bullet (FMJ)</label>
      <projectile Class="CombatExtended.ProjectilePropertiesCE">
         <damageAmountBase>16</damageAmountBase>
         <armorPenetrationSharp>4</armorPenetrationSharp>
         <armorPenetrationBlunt>38.08</armorPenetrationBlunt>
      </projectile>
   </ThingDef>

I've really been enjoying digging around and figuring out how a lot of this stuff works. I really wish I could change the ballistic shield from an impenetrable wall of death to something a little more realistic, but no luck so far.