Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

Quote from: Shinzy on August 29, 2014, 04:32:46 AM
These guys stand no chance against invading group of martial artists

Chuck Norris isn't YET in the game...
Prasie the Squirrel!

Untrustedlife

So will I be able to make clothing out of megascareb chitin now?
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Shinzy

Quote from: Untrustedlife on August 29, 2014, 08:24:56 PM

It'd be silly if you couldn't! Muffalo skin shirt, deer skin vests and iguana skin stetson are already things as far as I've understood! Megascarab chitin belt, rattlesnake boots and gun holster made out of finest monkey tail is all you need to
have the most legendary gunslinger ever

theapolaustic1

Quote from: Shinzy on August 30, 2014, 04:29:54 AM
Quote from: Untrustedlife on August 29, 2014, 08:24:56 PM

It'd be silly if you couldn't! Muffalo skin shirt, deer skin vests and iguana skin stetson are already things as far as I've understood! Megascarab chitin belt, rattlesnake boots and gun holster made out of finest monkey tail is all you need to
have the most legendary gunslinger ever

Time to become Elyas.

Rahjital

Quote from: Changelog
Split armor stat into five separate categories: blunt, piercing, temperature, electric, toxic.

Whoa, just noticed this. Does this mean there are only five kinds of damage now?

Shinzy

Quote from: Rahjital on August 31, 2014, 03:25:37 PM
Split armor stat into five separate categories: blunt, piercing, temperature, electric, toxic.

Whoa, just noticed this. Does this mean there are only five kinds of damage now?
There's probably more kinds of damage I thinks? but they all conveniently go under the 5 categories

and something tells me the new snake creatures will be poisonous =P

Goo Poni

Temperature... does that mean colonists can suffer heat stroke and frostbite?
Electric implies static discharge from working on or near electrical equipment.

Rainbow Evil

Quote from: Goo Poni on August 31, 2014, 04:33:53 PM
Temperature... does that mean colonists can suffer heat stroke and frostbite?
Electric implies static discharge from working on or near electrical equipment.
Or maybe we'll be able to use tasers to stun crazy colonists instead of killing them! ;D

ZestyLemons

Quote from: Rahjital on August 31, 2014, 03:25:37 PM

Nah, I imagine that existing damage types will just be categorized under those five.

eg. Crush and Bludgeon damage go under 'Blunt', Cut/Gunshot/Stab/etc go under 'Piercing', Burn under temperature, and so on.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

StorymasterQ

Soo, no armor against psychic, then? I can't have tinfoil hats?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

REMworlder

Quote from: StorymasterQ on September 02, 2014, 01:52:49 AM
Soo, no armor against psychic, then? I can't have tinfoil hats?

"Apparel can now affect any stat, including work speed, psychic sensitivity (tinfoil hats!), social impact, etc." -Aug 21st patch notes

I'm guessing armor is just directly incorporated into the physical damage model. Psychic would probably be mood, not physical, so it doesn't fall under armor.

Rahjital

I still hope different kinds of damage will have their own protection modifiers even when they are in the same category as others (a kevlar vest being good against gunshot and bad against cut, for example). Otherwise the damage types would become only pointless flair...

Ptolisgoodguy

just read change log.

what's plasteel and is gold the new silver or is it valuable material for selling or is it used to build new things like circuits, limbs or new decoration.
I hear the voices... They are telling me to do terrible things... Sounds Fun!

Garen

gold by my guess is probably going to be much more valuable in terms of trading, but much more rarer, then silver

Ptolisgoodguy

@garen: most likely. it might also give way to robbers or thieves, which in turn could lead to a stealth system (I don't even know why I'm saying this considering that it will most likely never happen)

but still, what is plasteel?

any ideas?
I hear the voices... They are telling me to do terrible things... Sounds Fun!