[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Update to alpha 14 (non-Steam)

Finally I've found some time to update the forum entry.
The steam version is up since the release day, but I didn't have time to update the forum until now.
So here is the alpha 14 version for all of you guys who don't use the steam version :)

dismar

Quote from: Haplo on July 17, 2016, 11:32:08 AM
Update to alpha 14 (non-Steam)

Finally I've found some time to update the forum entry.
The steam version is up since the release day, but I didn't have time to update the forum until now.
So here is the alpha 14 version for all of you guys who don't use the steam version :)

Seems to be a bug in your current version that breaks saves with Mai and Robots...
I posted it a few back.

Haplo

Is this with the new version 0.14.2? Because I thought I've fixed this issue..

dismar

Quote from: Haplo on July 17, 2016, 01:16:22 PM
Is this with the new version 0.14.2? Because I thought I've fixed this issue..

OH! it's working now. Think my steam didn't update the mod in a timely manner! :) thanks

Haplo

Ok, then everything's fine. For a moment I had some doubts there ;D

lost_RD

Misc Objects (that's the one that makes worldgen right) has a bug where walls have a stuff value of bearskin  ;D

Haplo

That's in MapGenerator, but it actually isn't a bug. That is a Tippi you've found there ;P

lost_RD

Oh, that's awesome! I did see that it was round, I guess I should have known  :)

Haplo

So finally Miscellaneous is again complete: I've added Misc. Objects to the collection...

But I've also dropped two of the objects:
-The nano storage has no more use, as there are better storage possibilities out there.
-The draining pump, as there is something similiar now in the vanilla game.

123nick

hey i have a suggestion. when walking colonists along the edge of the map, your colonist can see something off in the distance- and it works similiar for the "rumor of.." incident that comes up, but you dont need visitors too come, so if your hostile too all factions you could still see the rumor-off thingy, but its your colonist seeing something off in the distance instead of a rumor. it could happen based on chance when moving your colonists along the edge of the map.

Haplo

If you want to have something like that, place a Tactical Computer. :)
The Tactical Computer has the 'Anomaly Found' incident, which is just what you've described: Your colonists see an anomaly on your topographic view and you can send some people to investigate it.

123nick

Quote from: Haplo on July 20, 2016, 06:19:41 AM
If you want to have something like that, place a Tactical Computer. :)
The Tactical Computer has the 'Anomaly Found' incident, which is just what you've described: Your colonists see an anomaly on your topographic view and you can send some people to investigate it.

oh cool :) also, is there any reason too send more than 1 guy on the rumors and etc? is there any benefit? do you get more stuff if you send more people?

Haplo

That depends of your RNGod :)
Often you get stuff only for one guy, but if you're lucky, also enough for multiple pawns is possible.
So maybe, maybe not..

OverTheRanbow

Are the MAI robots no longer getting the +100 mood buff? For some reason none of my robo colonists have them. I do not see the "..." in the moods.

123nick

Quote from: OverTheRanbow on July 21, 2016, 03:02:21 AM
Are the MAI robots no longer getting the +100 mood buff? For some reason none of my robo colonists have them. I do not see the "..." in the moods.

ive also noticed this, along with a message in the debug log that i think pertains too this issue. here is the message:

edit: this is a problem with the robots not the MAI, i didnt have any yet, but when i had the MAI's i saw the error message in the log about them. and i assume its a similiar bug, just different name.