Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: KR4K40 on November 01, 2014, 02:17:32 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on November 01, 2014, 01:48:34 PM
do you have the latest version? v1.3.6? it should be fixed

I had 1.3.5
Does 1.3.6 need a new colony to work?

No! you can download the new one and safely continue your old colony
(still best to keep the old version handy just in case the game would freak out so you can roll back to the old version! best to stay prepared, right! ;D)
I'll try to quadruple check everything in the future updates so those kinda things wouldn't happen

Killaim

how does the game mechanic handle multiple layers of protection over one body part ?

like a power armor / body suit - and you hit the a body part where both cover ?

Shinzy

Quote from: Killaim on November 01, 2014, 08:05:48 PM
how does the game mechanic handle multiple layers of protection over one body part ?

like a power armor / body suit - and you hit the a body part where both cover ?
I'm pretty sure they stack, but there's some kind of cap as you cannot become invulnerable to certain kind of damage
Edit: I think these will become more easy to read in next alpha if I've understood/remember the changelog entries correctly ;D I hope I have! trying to add up the armor values piece by piece is bit of a pain =P

Edit3:
Goood neeeewss everyone! I've fixed the poison slime pipes the spawning pants and the 'metal' coated issue (I hope) Nope! definately still not fixed that one

added bunch of small things!

This is basically saying that items can be worn on same layer if they don't cver same bodyparts, and which one is shown on top depends on which was worn first
You'll figure it out quite fast how it all works!

=P (I did put the hat's I've made so far available from the trader but
I think I wait till alpha 8 so I don't need to make new workbench for crafting them
or use Jellies fabulooous recipenurse so I can hog all the credits for myself

Log (I've been adding all the changes in my log in the about folder in the mod but I'm not sure how many of ye is aware of it!  ;D)
Added - Category 'other' under Apparel -> Apparello category (This category contains most of the specialty items,that can be obtained only through trade And/or are needed in recipes)
- Gloves, boots, socks etc. (each effect stats on their small tiny way)
- Option to scrap apparel in the fabricator
- Medic's Bandana
- Medic's Kevlar helmet (Craftable in SAR-Device)
- Metalplating (Crafting material)

Changes - Several hats are now more in tune with which parts of face they protect (They match the visuals better)
- Urban trousers has their own 'on map icon'
- Urban shirt icon made appear larger on map
- Minor changes to stats here and there (I.E. Tophat and Furhat don't give so whoppin huge tradebonuses)
- Traders carry apparel from the 'Other' category (Gloves, boots, trader only hats etc.)
- All armor crafts that required metal now use Metalplates instead (which in turn are made of metal, this is to avoid the 'metal coated' items)
- Overalls, Jumpsuits and Tunics & Tunica El Mogo no longer protect the legs (that was causing pants to spawn in the bottom left corner)
- Tribal shields only protect the arms now, so they can be worn over most other Shell layer items (Duster, vest etc.)
- Pants and shirt can be worn under Hive armor/Steamhulls
- Redrew Tophat
- Redrew Hood
- Redraw sombrero
- Redraw Tricorn
- Resized and removed white borders from the Hooded Gasmask
- moved some trader only apparel to the other category (bigger chance of being carried by trader that way)

Th-th-That's all folks!

Viceroy

Tynan should just pay you per item and browse the catalogue. Because all of these things are game quality for sure. And in keeping with the general theme as well.

Masterfully executed as always Shinzy.
Dog goes moo!

Reysuke

Main Post says 1.3.6 under the Download section.
Awesome Patch by the way <3

Edit:
Im Stupid! Evertyhing is there and Fine! Srry

Igabod

Loving the new clothes and hats! Glad the bug I reported could give us socks and shoes finally! My colonists were tired of stubbing their toes on all those rock chunks I leave laying about. I especially love the Human Skull hat. It goes perfect with a cannibal colony. The game I just played didn't give me much opportunity to try out the new layering thing but I did find a trader with some boots and then another one with some socks so everybody was wearing proper footwear and it worked great.

One question. Why would you need to make yet another table to make the new hats craftable? You already have 3 tables in this mod which you can choose from to append the functions to. More tables is never the answer. More functionality from existing tables is. I already have two rows of tables to build in that one building tab because of all the mods I play with.

JuliaEllie

Oh lovely socks, gloves and shoes :) I missed those for so long. Thank you Shinzy you are the best modder of all time. yeah right

skullywag

The table thing is probably due to too many recipes to show in 1. This will be addressed in future alphas as Tynan has said he will make the floaty menu more robust.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Killaim

superiorx

Aww yiss, time to start a new colony. Thanks for the update, Shinzy!   :D

minami26

wheres the animals!!

also,, nice update them gloves and socks and boots.. mmmmmm,, you'll get a heavy update this A8 with the temperature system.

Muhaahahahaa!!

Shinzy

Quote from: minami26 on November 03, 2014, 07:44:55 AMmmmmmm,, you'll get a heavy update this A8 with the temperature system.

Muhaahahahaa!!
I knooooowww I'm almost as scared about the A8 as I'm excited!

Quote from: Igabod on November 02, 2014, 08:42:09 PMOne question. Why would you need to make yet another table to make the new hats craftable? You already have 3 tables in this mod which you can choose from to append the functions to. More tables is never the answer. More functionality from existing tables is. I already have two rows of tables to build in that one building tab because of all the mods I play with.
Exactly what Skullwag says! I don't wanan crowd the recipe list too much (and I also don't wanan make new tables if I can avoid that) There's ton of aminals so adding them all as craft options on top of everything else would just be chaos ;D

Quote from: JuliaEllie on November 02, 2014, 09:37:41 PM
Oh lovely socks, gloves and shoes :) I missed those for so long. Thank you Shinzy you are the best modder of all time. yeah right
Aw thank you so much! you're no welcome to my dinner anymore!
Quote from: Reysuke on November 02, 2014, 07:15:12 PM
Edit:
Im Stupid! Evertyhing is there and Fine! Srry
*hug*

Thankyou all! Killaim and Viceroy, too =P

Evul

I relay start to like this mod more and more!
Keep up the awesome work and artwork!

Will recommend this mod next release of PA if im allowed. :D

Shinzy

Quote from: Evul on November 03, 2014, 10:45:48 AM
I relay start to like this mod more and more!
Keep up the awesome work and artwork!

Will recommend this mod next release of PA if im allowed. :D
I'm liking the mod more and more myself too! I'm really surprised how "much" you can actually do with how limited the xml's really are 

and ofcourse you are allowed! and I can promise to keep up the artwork too ;D
I can't promise about the awesomeness of any other work though!
especially after seeing how excited I got about the ability to add pair of socks in a game (I may be going crazy)

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.