[B18] VeinMiner [] Mine all the veins! []kaptain_kavern & Gentz & JuliaEllie

Started by JuliaEllie, January 25, 2015, 07:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ienkoron

If there's someone likely to over react, that's likely to be me :P

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

civilwargeeky

Just wanted to inform everyone that this mod still mostly works in A13.
Vein Miner and Strip Miner still work. The mining brush no longer displays what area it will mine when you click, and starts at a default of radius 1, but otherwise it works.

bewby

Quote from: civilwargeeky on April 08, 2016, 05:12:56 PM
Just wanted to inform everyone that this mod still mostly works in A13.
Vein Miner and Strip Miner still work. The mining brush no longer displays what area it will mine when you click, and starts at a default of radius 1, but otherwise it works.

thanks! i love this mod. do you know if it works for the new "vein" type for components?

JuliaEllie

Quote from: bewby on April 09, 2016, 05:13:05 PM

thanks! i love this mod. do you know if it works for the new "vein" type for components?

It was specifically written to include any rock which has the mineral rock tag to work with any other modded ore so it should work.

Rock5

I had to sort of merge this and HaulPriority because they cancelled each other out. Only the last loaded showed it's buttons. I think I just merged the differences in this file "Defs\DesignationCategoryDefs\DesignationCategories.xml" in the last loaded mod. But, for the life of me, I couldn't get the VeinMiner mod textures to work, which really bothered me. It just shown the vanilla mining image for all VeinMiner buttons.

Surely there is a way to add a button instead of rewriting the specialDesignatorClasses?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Justas love

nuschler22

Quote from: Rock5 on April 16, 2016, 10:31:25 AM
I had to sort of merge this and HaulPriority because they cancelled each other out. Only the last loaded showed it's buttons. I think I just merged the differences in this file "Defs\DesignationCategoryDefs\DesignationCategories.xml" in the last loaded mod. But, for the life of me, I couldn't get the VeinMiner mod textures to work, which really bothered me. It just shown the vanilla mining image for all VeinMiner buttons. Surely there is a way to add a button instead of rewriting the specialDesignatorClasses?

Can you post the mod you did if allowed?  That would be helpful. 
Thanks! :)

oronnoro2

I'm a little lost as to where the download link is for A13? The thread says its for A13, but the download is for A12. Is the download that says A12 work with A13 then, and thats what you download?

Edit:
Alright, the download that says A12 at the bottom of the OP post does work. =P

Rock5

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 17, 2016, 03:10:05 PM
Quote from: Rock5 on April 16, 2016, 10:31:25 AM
I had to sort of merge this and HaulPriority because they cancelled each other out. Only the last loaded showed it's buttons. I think I just merged the differences in this file "Defs\DesignationCategoryDefs\DesignationCategories.xml" in the last loaded mod. But, for the life of me, I couldn't get the VeinMiner mod textures to work, which really bothered me. It just shown the vanilla mining image for all VeinMiner buttons. Surely there is a way to add a button instead of rewriting the specialDesignatorClasses?

Can you post the mod you did if allowed?  That would be helpful. 
Thanks! :)
What I did was open Defs\DesignationCategoryDefs\DesignationCategories.xml of the mod I'm going to load last, in my case it was VeinMiner, then add the missing lines from the other mod. It should look like this.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Defs>
  <DesignationCategoryDef>
    <defName>Orders</defName>
    <label>orders</label>
    <description>Designate specific interactions with specific things.</description>
    <order>900</order>
    <specialDesignatorClasses>
      <li>Designator_Cancel</li>
      <li>Designator_Deconstruct</li>
      <li>Designator_Mine</li>
      <li>Designator_Haul</li>
      <li>Designator_PlantsCut</li>
      <li>Designator_PlantsHarvest</li>
      <li>Designator_PlantsHarvestWood</li>
      <li>Designator_Hunt</li>
      <li>Designator_Slaughter</li>
      <li>Designator_Tame</li>
      <li>Designator_Uninstall</li>
      <li>Designator_Claim</li>
      <li>Designator_Strip</li>
      <li>Designator_RearmTrap</li>
      <li>Designator_Open</li>
      <li>Designator_PlanAdd</li>
      <li>Designator_PlanRemove</li>
      <li>HaulPriority.Designator_HaulPriority</li>
      <li>HaulPriority.Designator_HaulPriorityHighPriorityOverride</li>
      <li>HaulPriority.Designator_Unforbid</li>
      <li>VeinMiner.Designator_VeinMiner</li>
      <li>MineBrush.DesognatorMineBrush</li>
      <li>MineBrush.StripMiner</li>
    </specialDesignatorClasses>
  </DesignationCategoryDef>
</Defs>

That way VeinMiner loads the designators for HaulPriority too.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

JuliaEllie

Quote from: oronnoro2 on April 17, 2016, 04:54:34 PM
I'm a little lost as to where the download link is for A13? The thread says its for A13, but the download is for A12. Is the download that says A12 work with A13 then, and thats what you download?

Edit:
Alright, the download that says A12 at the bottom of the OP post does work. =P

Changed the link description to read A13 in OP.

grizzlymint_gpt

Any ETA on when the mine brush not showing area will be fixed?

hwfanatic

Thanks for this mod. I consider it essential. :-)

There are still some graphical glitches, though. I'm sure you are already aware, but just in case I thought I should report it.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Minepick in any active mod or in base resources.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at CircleTex in any active mod or in base resources.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

MatFrom with null sourceTex.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at MineBrush in any active mod or in base resources.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at StripMine in any active mod or in base resources.

jackarbiter

VeinMiner Fix (not a patch, a replacement)

No more missing texture warnings, and fixed the veinminer brush.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

Fridolin

Override the old file or load after?

EDIT: Override.

Thanks for that fix!