[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minami26

Hello guys i have just finished playing a game with the new version of ttm, there has been a major change in crafting, i have lessen the crafting materials needed for buildings because i have taken advantage of the new trader interface that gives a chance to spawn random items in the ships inventory,, the mod is still very trader dependent but lesser burden on the colony, also due to this i have changed the advanced modifier to be able to craft building materials, but! You need a special material taken only from mechanoids, i think it sounds fair,.

I could do a partial release but i have tweaked the mod so it doesnt need project armory and all the integrated mods yet.. i might add the mai and apparello first, the other mods can be easily integrated but you need to start a new game for every mod you activate with ttm,, i will put a separate download link for ttm patched mods in the downloads so that you can just add mods that you want to have with ttm. Sounds good? Ill try to push a download later. Thanks guys!

Svullo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH MINAMI!

Shinzy

Oh super big mods =P Release version for Alpha 7 -> Alpha 8 gets released the next day -> Minnie goes into rampage, busts in through the door and runs out to the wild wastes never to be seen again

Clibanarius

Quote from: minami26 on October 05, 2014, 09:21:43 PM
Thanks guys!
No, thank YOU! Fantastic mod to play with, it's appreciated the amount of work you put into keeping it updated, on top of what was initially required to produce it!

minami26

Herp derp alpha 7 update here, does not currently contain Project Armory / Clutter / Embrasures since they are not updated yet. Will add a patched link for shields.

Heres a changelog
v3.0 Modular TechTree Minami
Alpha 7 Compatibility

Separated main TTM mod from the integrated mods so that you can choose which mods to play with.

Changes:

+ Added Thingamajigs on Apparello, can be crafted on the MetalWorks table.
+ Retained the MachineGunNests attack time. All MachineGunNests Guns cooldown time reduced by a great lot.
+ Changed MAI construction station requirements to MachineConstruct and Mechanical Engine.

-- Removed Building Constructs.
-- Took advantage of the Traders Randomized Inventory: May make trader dependency harder or easier depending on your luck.
Most used building materials have priority.
-- MetalWorks worktable is now used for buildable building components.
-- The Advanced Modifier is now used to make Machines and Materials that are only available from traders before.
But you need a component that can be found by disassembling mechanoids or a hefty price from traders if you can find one.

Made buildings that use stuff, be default built with stuff.
Herbs are now only plantable on ground.
Mechanoid Guns can now be used.
- includes a lot of minor changes that I forgot to list.

--------------------------------
Alpha 7 raiders now feels like raiders so Open Bases are now a thing, you can defend them now.
I hope you guys like v3.0!

Quote from: Svullo on October 06, 2014, 04:22:27 AM
CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH MINAMI!

:D Im glad you like TTM! update here nao!

Quote from: Shinzy on October 06, 2014, 04:54:03 AM
Oh super big mods =P Release version for Alpha 7 -> Alpha 8 gets released the next day -> Minnie goes into rampage, busts in through the door and runs out to the wild wastes never to be seen again

Lol, is minnie a colonist!? :D she'll be back as a droppod refugee cuz TTM alpha7 is here!! *and make her eat soup. muhahaha.

Quote from: Clibanarius on October 06, 2014, 04:59:43 AM
No, thank YOU! Fantastic mod to play with, it's appreciated the amount of work you put into keeping it updated, on top of what was initially required to produce it!

haha, its very nice to read this. thanks a lot! I'll continue to update this mod until PCs become obsolete but not if Zombies become reality cuz ill be busy throwing potatoes at them. lol

Livamyrd

Thank you so much for keep releasing this AWESOME mod for all of us.

Just a doubt... What language is it made? C++? Java?

Kitsune

Yaaaaaaay its there new and shiny! ::) But i think i wait for the other mods to be updated. :)

Livamyrd

I think i've found a bug. When you build the fireplace and you start cooking, it is FOREVER in 20/25 health points, so it needs to be repaired all the time. Could you fix it?

minami26

Quote from: Livamyrd on October 07, 2014, 03:24:20 AM
I think i've found a bug. When you build the fireplace and you start cooking, it is FOREVER in 20/25 health points, so it needs to be repaired all the time. Could you fix it?

really wow, I ddnt test the fireplace missed that one. also the codes are all in C#.

for a fast fix you can just remove the home region on the fireplace so that the colonists wont repair it.

Livamyrd

Thx 4 the homemade hotfix :D. Hmmm any editor or way to start scripting? I would like to test the code, because i'm in 4th of Comp Engineering and i love these things.

minami26

Quote from: Livamyrd on October 07, 2014, 03:32:59 AM
Thx 4 the homemade hotfix :D. Hmmm any editor or way to start scripting? I would like to test the code, because i'm in 4th of Comp Engineering and i love these things.

Here's a tutorial on how to code .dll in RimWorld. The great haplo made it and everything is there *I learned to code and work stuff out by doing the tut, read through the thread and the whole Help section to learn great stuff! recommended~! :)

oh and basic stuff like adding guns/buildings/pawns are done by making new xmls, examples are the Core files within the Mod folder of your RimWorld. Try things out there, they're easy to figure out! Tynan made it simple for us modders to get mods done. He's an awesome guy!

Livamyrd

Thx 4 the "beggining tips for dummies" minami, thx a lot. I'm still testing the mod and it's very complete (the new stuff is just amazing hahahahaha). You just should take a look to the extended surgery mod http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6528.0 that seems very complete and helpful in the new version, you could include it in the TTM

EDIT: The "homemade hotfix" for the fireplace is not 100% useful because if you delete the homezone on it, the colonist don't extinguish the fire when it raises on the fireplace, so the food on the grills burns out and also the wood (because the mainfire is on the fireplace and it is not extinguished).

minami26

oh, damn.. all the items got their flammability back to default, forgot to set those. the update won't be until Project Armory or Clutter gets updated. D:

but you can go to Tech Tree Minami Main folder => Defs => ThingDefs => look for item_meals.xml and look for the grilled food / Smoked Meat / Grilled Fish defs and find their flammability property and set them to 0. I hope you can manage it ;)

for the wood not to burn, look for it in your core mod folder => defs => ThingDefs => and look for items_Resources.xml and find the wood or woodlog and set its flammability property to 0.

Kaje

Does not appear to be compatible with the 'Prepare Carefully' mod - you are unable to continue through the screen where you select your starting items - PLEASE make it compatible!

Livamyrd

Quote from: Kaje on October 07, 2014, 06:35:26 AM
Does not appear to be compatible with the 'Prepare Carefully' mod - you are unable to continue through the screen where you select your starting items - PLEASE make it compatible!

I have the "Prepare Carefully" mod and it have 0 problems with me... What are you doing? I just custom my colonist's skills but not the starting items.