[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InfinityKage

Quote from: SargBjornson on August 21, 2017, 02:42:00 PM
I have just updated the mod with Human / Animal experimentation. Instead of going the manbearpig way and creating Manchickens and Bearmen, I decided to go the implant way. You can extract Humanoid DNA and mix it with other DNA and a plasteel implant wire mesh, to create some unusual implants. Some are quite unexciting, such as the Bear Claws, but for example the Boomalope Nodules make your colonists explode when they die, aaaaand... you can make a colonist lay eggs with the chicken Ovipositor...

Yeah, I know, I mentioned it before, but I just find it SO funny. Plus, if he is too hungry he will start eating his own eggs. Today is the day I discovered I will never mature.

At first I thought your mod was cool but just not for me since I really don't pay much attention to animals. But now that you are adding Organic Technology Bio-Augmentation(OTBA) to humans i'm in. That right up my alley. Keep up the good work man.

Canute

Quoteaaaaand... you can make a colonist lay eggs with the chicken Ovipositor...
ROFL !
And when you use these eggs for cooking, is that cannibalistic ?

Nameless

Napple

Do the new implants count as bionics since they could be useful limb replacements for prosthophobes.

ZE

imho prostophobes might show issue with strange limbs but i fo think it needs its own phobia/philia

SpaceDorf

Quote from: SargBjornson on August 21, 2017, 02:42:00 PM
you can make a colonist lay eggs with the chicken Ovipositor...

Yeah, I know, I mentioned it before, but I just find it SO funny. Plus, if he is too hungry he will start eating his own eggs. Today is the day I discovered I will never mature.

I raise my hat and yield Maxim 14 to you.

- "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"

In fact you may have solved my Geneseed problem with this :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

SargBjornson

Here is a snake peek (*) of the new creatures being added in the next update: reptilian hybrids, many of which will be venomous.

* No, not sneak peek

Lennbolt7

Jurassic Park has nothing on that! That comparison is actually kind of fitting if one of them goes berserk and takes out a whole colony.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Canute on August 21, 2017, 05:30:39 PM
Quoteaaaaand... you can make a colonist lay eggs with the chicken Ovipositor...
ROFL !
And when you use these eggs for cooking, is that cannibalistic ?

I look away from this mod for a few seconds and now we can practically be chickens with this. When will SargBjorn ever stop innovating with chickens?

FCDetonados

hey since you're making venemous hybrids why not give the colonists venomous claws as a alternative to the bear claws? you could even do something intresting like increasing the pawns metabolism.

Apposl

Oh wow, fantastic work on this. I just watched that latest Alien movie (Covenant) and I'm gonna start a "David" playthrough. THANK YOU.

goldsworthy87

Maybe a stupid question...

But how do i get rid of my incubators which have been "runined by temperature"?

FCDetonados

i think i may have found two bugs

chinkenffalos will always lay unfertilazed eggs even if it says the egg has been fertilized.

in the mufalopede descripition it says that they are one of the few insectoids that produce insect jelly, yet they produce milk (i assume they're supposed to produce jelly)