[1.0 - 1.1] Alpha Animals - 2.08 (16/03/20)

Started by SargBjornson, October 18, 2018, 03:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NixGerit

Also - I forgot to mention Gallatross. What a rascal, congrats on making an even nastier Thrumbo, makes it fun to hunt it, though :D Lost couple of colonists to that asshat.

KozmoD

So I got the mod and was testing some things and...well, the Great Devourer couldnt kill a turkey. In fact, it got killed by one while hunting it.
Is it supposed to be like that?

SargBjornson

Thanks!

The Groundrunner digging forbidden things is sadly a vanilla mechanic, not easy to fix at all! As for the Sand Squid, I got the idea from an old videogame, Buck Rogers Countdown to Doomsday for the Sega Megadrive. It is a game that defined my childhood :)

Regarding the Great Devourer, it is just basically a glorified sandworm :) It's name is basically tongue in cheek. It tends to eat rats, squirrels and etc pretty quickly, causing ecosystem collapse, but it is dispatched very easily.

KozmoD

I see! So its a squishy big... cat XD
I thought it would be a little "harder" to kill, since its a sand worm thing, and it looks very scary and sharp, but I guess not.
Thx :D

Austupaio

Quote from: SargBjornson on March 08, 2019, 07:12:41 AM
That's weird! Would it be ok if they spawned bricks instead of chunks? Also, is it the only problem with the mod with multiplayer?
Sorry for the delayed response.

I think it's not the chunks specifically but the act of spawning them randomly, I believe the multiplayer code isn't capable of recognizing that behavior and causing a desynch because the chunk (or probably any item) will appear for the primary player but not any secondary ones. Also, having played for a number of hours, I have few problems and I believe the mites chunks are the only one. Thanks for the reply.

SergeMalbret

Balance suggestion:

Black Insect Chitin is very strong compared to how cheap and abundant it is: it's arguably better than Devilstrand (which is supposed to be a very high-quality material that is difficult to obtain), and not much worse than the luxurious Thrumbofur, while costing less than Devilstrand. This means that with Black Hive attacks providing a massive supply of Black Insect Chitin, there's almost no reason to grow Devilstrand or to buy any leather from traders that is worse than Thrumbofur.

SharpBluntHeatCost
Thrumbofur2083615014.0
Black Insect Chitin1751001504.2
Devilstrand140363005.5
Insect Chitin112241503.0

The high blunt resistance of Black Insect Chitin makes sense and is flavorful, but imo the extremely high sharp resistance in addition to that pushes it way over the top.
So I would suggest making Black Insect Chitin be somewhere between normal Insect Chitin and Devilstrand in terms of the sharp armor it provides, which would still leave it very strong, but better balanced compared to the other available materials.

MisterHalt

Quote from: SergeMalbret on March 17, 2019, 11:42:07 PM

SharpBluntHeatCost
Thrumbofur2083615014.0
Black Insect Chitin1751001504.2
Devilstrand140363005.5
Insect Chitin112241503.0
Okay that's weird. Some other mod must have changed devilstrand's stats in my game, because the stat screen shows 44%/22%/300% for sharp/blunt/heat. I was wondering why insect chitin seemed so ridiculously strong while being so plentiful (barbslingers spawn a lot on my map). Now I have to work out what mod did that.

On the Black Insect chitin, maybe it needs to be nerfed, but then again they only appear in events, so they're not exactly easily farmable. I guess it depends on how many mods you have that add events I suppose.

Edit: Should have guessed, it's Combat Extended that nerfed devilstrand.

KozmoD

So I got a question, why are the Black Spiders not tamable? I can tame Mammot Worms and Black Insects alike, but not the Spiders. Is that a feature?

Also, unless Im seeing things, Needleroll seems to have meat, not cactus flesh.

zazakmazak

So I downloaded the mod and I am very pleased with its content. Though due to my "OCD" I quite dislike having separate types of meat or leather for every animal, its not really an issue, most mods are that way and there isn't really a good way around it (stackXXL and fridges help a lot).

As for thing that bugged me in recent game. So a bouldermite came into my map and I quite happily tamed it, but after a while I must say that it isn't very flavorful to have a random chunk "sheared" every day and having to haul it(not fixable I know). So I tried to see the files and change it for myself but it proved to complicated for me. I wanted to triple the detachment time and amount of chunks (or even quintuple) and then have a small chance of random pile of minerals appear, an incentive to have them tamed, similarly the pebblemits. I also wanted to have random minerals appear when butchered, especially for summit crab. Even if you dont want to add it to the mod, could you advice me how to implement it? Or is it impossible to have random drops from "shearing" and butchering.

Anyway, Im not sure if you really look for suggestions, but if I could ask, it would definitely be more events, especially with more legendary or strange creatures, also world events, one mod gives me sighting of thrumbos so sightings of other creatures you have to travel for would be cool, like pack of manhunter Summit crabs and bouldermites guarding a pile of minerals.

kaptain_kavern

Oh man, I love what you have done with the mod.

Tons of Congratz !!!

temple_wing

My version is : 8c454dd

Exception ticking world pawn: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.GenGrid.InBounds (Verse.IntVec3,Verse.Map) <0x00015>
at AlphaBehavioursAndEvents.CompGasProducer.CompTick () <0x0021a>
at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () <0x0006c>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch1 (object) <0x00095>
at RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns.WorldPawnsTick () <0x000e6>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns:WorldPawnsTick()
RimWorld.Planet.World:WorldTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

SargBjornson

Well, obviously :) Don't use unreleased versions! v1.1 should be the latest stable thing. The unreleased versions are full of unfinished things, since I use two different computers to code, and github is the best way to share the code as I work on it.

In case you meant it as a "heads up", thank you!

Canute

Sarg,
this is the problem how modder handle Github at different way. Many modder don't even release a seperated file and let the player download the master.
Maybe create a special test branch for yourself, to avoid and then push releases into the master.
Or create a folder "_DON'T Download Master !!!" and hope people can read ! :-)

SargBjornson

The link I have in the first post is to the releases page at Github :)

I understand however that some people might prefer to download the absolute latest thing I have uploaded! And if some people want to help find bugs it's ok too ;)

Vintorez

Just had a trader come through with an Ocular Jelly for sale and following, not sure if this is intended considering their environmental impact. Speaking of which, is there any reason to want them? The wood from the trees they change seems to be worse in every way except for quicker build times.

Also noticed that there's two Ocular Jelly Meat items when looking through the cooking ingredients tab.