Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

And if you don't have one yet, you can stick her in a crypto pod until you do.

TheWalrusNet

Quote from: Everteal on December 27, 2014, 05:43:00 AM
@TheWalrusNet - You can install a denture jaw: click on your colonist -> Health -> Operations -> Add bill.
I had no idea! I'd only ever seen the standard organs and bionic limbs, never thought to check if there was such a thing. I'll have to make a cryptosleep pod asap then!

Everteal

Quote from: TheWalrusNet on December 27, 2014, 08:50:31 AM
@TheWalrusNet - You can install a denture jaw: click on your colonist -> Health -> Operations -> Add bill.
I had no idea! I'd only ever seen the standard organs and bionic limbs, never thought to check if there was such a thing. I'll have to make a cryptosleep pod asap then!

Wait what?.... You do NOT need the denture jaw part to do it, in fact there is none. Just add the bill.

TheWalrusNet

Quote from: Everteal on December 28, 2014, 04:19:40 AM
Quote from: TheWalrusNet on December 27, 2014, 08:50:31 AM

Wait what?.... You do NOT need the denture jaw part to do it, in fact there is none. Just add the bill.

Even better! :D EDIT: Fixed quote

DarknessEyes

A lamp in my shared room exploded and killed everyone...
De Surgeries
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18976.0
Adds 26 new surgeries to Rimworld.

UnionID

My people got caught outside harvesting when all the squirrels decided to go psychotic. There were a lot of squirrels.  I circled the wagons but couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of it all as my colonist started dropping one by one from squirrel bites.

It was a near-run thing....It was pretty sweet.

Scotty

A colonist named squirrel with "fast walking" trait.
But missing their right leg after defending the base.

He ended up in bed for a few months until i got meds for his op

Easton

A cybernetic centipede lands on the planet, but instead of landing somewhere safe and in the open, it lands inside of a cryptosleep room. Naturally, he decided to begin lighting all of the cryptosleep chambers on fire thus awakening its inhabitants who all instantly aggro. Four of the occupants flee, apparently wanting to raid my colony instead (and of course failing miserably in this endeavor). Three remain in the cryptosleep room to fight the centipede. The crypto warriors succeed in incapacitating the centipede, however, a cryptosleep chamber explodes just as the centipede is taken down, killing one fighter and setting another on fire and completely incinerating her.

Considering we should have faced a minigun-wielding cybernetic space centipede, we were quite pleased to only have to deal with a few raiders, and then reaping the benefits.

Shinzy

Quote from: Easton on December 30, 2014, 01:01:11 AM
A cybernetic centipede lands on the planet, but instead of landing somewhere safe and in the open, it lands inside of a cryptosleep room. Naturally, he decided to begin lighting all of the cryptosleep chambers on fire thus awakening its inhabitants who all instantly aggro. Four of the occupants flee, apparently wanting to raid my colony instead (and of course failing miserably in this endeavor). Three remain in the cryptosleep room to fight the centipede. The crypto warriors succeed in incapacitating the centipede, however, a cryptosleep chamber explodes just as the centipede is taken down, killing one fighter and setting another on fire and completely incinerating her.

Considering we should have faced a minigun-wielding cybernetic space centipede, we were quite pleased to only have to deal with a few raiders, and then reaping the benefits.
Cryptowarriors assemble! ;D

ShootyFace

I had a group of raiders land and decide to besiege my base. They ran around a mountain and decided to set up in a roofed cyrptosleep casket building. I set a couple colonists to mortar them, and the first shell popped one of the caskets, and to my surprise they all opened. Huge firefight broke out and the raiders broke. Ended up picking off the stragglers manually, was hilarious and a lot of fun to watch.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

henkalv

Quote from: ShootyFace on December 31, 2014, 12:26:25 PM
I had a group of raiders land and decide to besiege my base. They ran around a mountain and decided to set up in a roofed cyrptosleep casket building. I set a couple colonists to mortar them, and the first shell popped one of the caskets, and to my surprise they all opened. Huge firefight broke out and the raiders broke. Ended up picking off the stragglers manually, was hilarious and a lot of fun to watch.

Did the same thing only manually. Some besigers put up camp in front of a building containing about 4 caskets, so I snuck one of my guys around the backside, opened one up and hightailed out of there. Luck would have it that the guys in the caskets were armed to the teeth so I ended up with a lot of sweet gear after the fight.

Morrigi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEJ6QymV7-o

The classic squirrel zerg rush and its tragic aftermath, complete with quality narration from none other than Dslyexi. I think this video captures RimWorld perfectly, in all its hilarious, yet tragic, glory.

The-MathMog

I've probably forgotten a few very good moments, but I got a few though ;)

My Ally's Enemy is my Ally?

So, I had this nicely established colony in a rainforest. It was wealthy and I had made allies with previous enemies.
I had pirate and tribal groups visiting all the time.
One day I get a message that friendly pirate visitors was arriving. Not long after that, I get another message that a group of tribe warriors was also visiting. I don't put more into it and move along with my work.
Suddenly I hear an explosion, and without any message popping up, I'm thinking "What the hell was that". Searching the map, I find a downed pirate, and another pirate who is being hunted down by a tribe warrior.
Checking his wounds, the two groups apparantly met around a corner, and out of panic one of the pirates threw a grenade, as they were enemies. Unfortunately for his pirate friend, who was brawling the tribe-warrior, he was a bad thrower, and instead blew up his partner. Then went "Aww sh*t, im out of here", and was then hunted of the map by the warrior, who was completely untouched :D

The Mercilessness Of Pirates

A new colony, a new set of challenges. Or lack of them.

A tribe arrives at the edge wanting to raid my colony. They decide to prepare first. It's all good, as my defenses were already prepared. A few ingame hours later, a pirate group emerges from the mountains, to set up a siege camp. At first they aren't even close to me, nor the tribals.
But the place that they decide to make the camp, is on the other side of the mountain, which puts them straight next to the tribe warriors who spot them, and begin to attack them instead.
The pirates seem outnumbered by the tribals and try their best to fight them off.
One of the pirates gets incapacitated right in front of another pirate. But instead of saving the injured, the other pirate instead chooses to cover up behind and use him as a sandbag, making the wounded take all the shots instead.
The wounded probably stole the other pirates sandwich or something the day before, to get this treatment from an ally! :D

The Poor Fate Of Rego The Naked

In the same colony as in the scenario before this, just alot later.

The colony had endured a lot of attacks from pirates, mechs and tribals, and have ramped the colonist number up to 12+.
So after another raid from a tribe, I decide to capture the injured survivors, so I can heal them, and then release them again for goodwill.
It all goes well, and I release 4 of them. Im waiting for the last tribal to recover so I can release him, as I don't want him in my colony.
As I am about to release him I notice his injury. He has recieved a shot to the brain, reducing his ability to walk to 30%, and he even got an infection in it. Allright, I don't want to waste time on him, so I release him.
He gets carried outside. Walks slower than an incapacitated snail. Get's 20 meters away and doesn't even get outside of the colony before he falls to the ground of starvation... A colonist then runs over and carries him inside again, and feeds him.
A couble hours later after recovering, he get's carried outside and starts over again, just to fall down again, at almost the exact same place...
So now I have the option of letting him starve to death or euthanize him :s

A_Soft_Machine_Man

This one happened to me recently, and I deeply regret not getting screenshots.

For context, my world has three tribes, a pirate group, and outlander town, all hostile to one another. After three (in game) years I finally managed to get all three tribes and the outlander town friendly towards me, thus only having to deal with pirates and occasional mechanoid incursion. Nice and easy, or so I thought.

So my colony of eight was going along quite well, albeit in a bit of a rough patch as a massive pirate raid had destroyed the majority of my defenses, and had incapacitated all three of my best shooters with severe injuries. Because Cassandra Classic believes fully in Murphy's Law, I get an alert that a group of mechanoids has rolled on in and are going to assault my colony.

'This can't be too bad,' I naively think, 'surely 60% Cassandra Classic would only send maybe two centipedes and two or three scythers. I was wrong. Instead it was four centipedes, all armed with charge lances, and six scythers.

After putting on a fresh pair of pants, I had my talker get on the comms to scream "HALP NAO!" at all who were friendly to me. Thankfully, I had enough burnable goodwill to get all of them to agree.

At first, only the Outlanders showed up. Three guards armed with a Lee Enfield, M16, and uzi, respectively.

That went about as well as you'd expect.

Just as I had given up hope and was getting ready to start afresh, I get three alerts that friendly tribals had arrived to help. Forty-five scantily clad, ululating primitives descended upon the foul machines like a human flood, smashing down the scythers and centipedes with their clubs, pilas, and greatbows. This onslaught, aided by some M24 support from my remaining three colonists who were not rendered blind by cataracts, managed to kill all ten war machines with minimal casualties.

They then all proceeded to turn on one another, because the ally of an ally is not an ally too, apparently.

TL;DR: Ten mechs fight a bunch of naked primitives, hilarity ensues.