Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - rexx1888

Support / Steam is very clearly running....
September 08, 2016, 10:31:51 PM
My steam copy of rimworld is insisting it cant make steam work, then turning itself off. Im sorry, but no, thats not a thing. Steam is running. Steam is always running.

More importantly, this is the only game ive ever come across that A) decides that since IT cant make steam work, i have to fix it :\

an B) has ever done this

So can we instead have it not turn itself off just because its having a fit at a minimum. As is, i have no idea what the issue is anyway :\ It worked fine yesterday...
General Discussion / Re: Umm, Incest?
September 07, 2016, 09:45:39 PM
i wouldnt mind a neuter option... i got a animal join event an now have a metric buttload of pregnant cats....
General Discussion / Re: "Beavers!"
September 07, 2016, 09:43:17 PM
its complaints like this that make me reevaluate my stance on "nightmare" events an wonder if im just approaching them all wrong...

i dont think ive ever even thought of the beavers as an event. A box turns up, i designate them for hunting an i never see them again... bigger maps make them a complete non event. They simply cant eat trees quick enough to keep them from growing back. Hell, i reckon i could leave a few alive n just have a population of alpha beavers on a map some day
General Discussion / Re: How do fistfights work?
August 31, 2016, 11:35:36 PM
ive had something similar happen actually, more than once... it worries me that that isnt particularly rare....
orrrrrrrrrrrrr you could accept the planets inevitable doom an flee...
Because there is far to much talk of insane cannibal colonies, lets try to celebrate some of the nice things you can do in this game O.o

for me, im a big fan of releasing tribals. I know i could butcher them, or sell them, or attempt to slowly convince them to join me. The reality though is that if i release them, they go off an tell all their bros about how rad my colony is, an then i dont have to shoot anymore tribals. Its just one of those rad perks of not being a sadistic dick :)

An as an extra bonus, sometimes the tribals roll up when im in trouble an try to save my ass. Like one time, i ended having a colony destroying infestation, and the tribals rolled up with like 20 dudes an went ape on the bugs. I mean, it was hopeless, but some of my colonists managed to escape as a result an im sure they went on to live with the tribals and help uplift them lol
General Discussion / Re: it's raining spam
August 14, 2016, 11:20:56 PM
its kind of absurd when you think about it O.o
^^^ that doesnt sound like an exploit, just good sense?
Quote from: Vagabond on July 17, 2016, 10:49:33 PM
Its a better simulation because my idea actually logs every pawns sexuality, and they get a separate roll on it to see whether or not they are gay. The current system is a little stupid, Gay has to compete with every other trait, making it both rare, and undesirable. Simply put, I'd rather have Sanguine than gay, and gay already is in a sea of traits, so getting it in the first place is just hard.

I feel to better represent reality, as a simulation, you see, that the system should be moved entirely to the new social system, and that every pawn makes a secondary sexuality role alongside their already present traits. Everyone has a sexuality, and LGBT is a bit more common than portrayed

Would it not be better, to represent reality, as a simulation, that it compete with the other traits rather than there be a one in four chance? Unless you are for stacking the percentage to still make it rare?

Just looking at wikipedia's article on it, that takes in to account the world population as well as a break down of individual countries, most places are sitting at 1-7%. The average population per state in the USA is 3.8%. For the sake of argument, we could just knuckle down and accept a 10% as the world population being LGBT (which according to the data, is more than fair). So characters could have a 90% chance to be "straight", and you could split the 10% up between the L, G, B, and T. I think you'd have more LGBT's with the current system. . .

I made this suggestion in the past, regarding expanding the trait system. I wouldn't be opposed to having a sexuality category for traits, that allows people to unify or fray based on sexual orientation along with the rest of the the web.

to continue the quote line an because in for a penny in for a pound. I counter your counter by pointing out its really easy to weight the percentages in a random roll so you get a close approximation to your version of reality. I dont think they should though, they should pick a different weight, because this IS THE FUTURE AN ITS NOT THE NOW WHERE WE KILL LGBT PEOPLE FOR BEING DIFFERENT!!!!

sometimes, reality is not a good definer of sensible or good design :\ im probably not coming back to this thread, but i like the sound of divvying up traits into categories, and definately we need to put sexuality as its own stat, because everyone has one an there are lots of flavours of it.
Quote from: keylocke on July 17, 2016, 12:33:15 PM
i think they should also include bestiality and necrophilia.

yes. i'm serious. haha.

edit : oh wait, in case people don't get sarcasm.

no i'm not.

i was going to pop in here an make jokes about how this is a dangerous discussion that will lead to the worst kind of internet trolls.. an has done before.

then i saw this quote an i just had to point out.. as fucked up as i think necrophilia an beastiality are, we already have cannibals. we have players that make cannibal only colonies.. we have players that making psychically dull cannibal colonies no less. I feel like Rimworld's stories benefit by making players confront these things. I know id let the beastiality guy die horrible to a man eater pack... but not everyone knows that instinctively....
Ideas / Re: Mandated High Priority Order
July 18, 2016, 07:37:26 AM
bump this. i remember a mod existed to do this but it was like trying to hoe a garden with a two sticks duct taped together
bump it, this is a daft corner case.. an seriously it is rather stupid that tasks are "disabled" instead of "made super bad".. it leads to exploits like "oh, you dont like hauling, well im gonna forbid all the nearby materials an make you build a house, suck it" nonsense
General Discussion / Re: Tweaking Operations
July 02, 2016, 02:05:27 AM
i mean, its also not funny to the people invested in their colonies.... its clearly a bug, otherwise the operation tab would just say "remove infected part" an then you could argue theres a diagnosis part to the whole thing...
Ideas / Re: A way to make water work
May 17, 2016, 12:11:24 PM
im less fussed about water as a pawn need(though thatd be nice) but i really really feel we need fluid dynamics in game. i want some flash floods to occur, and moats an other water related rad things
Ideas / Re: Lock forbidden doors
May 14, 2016, 03:18:40 AM
in terms of "oh no they be locked in by people building walls" nonsense, why not have pawns check construction blueprints an just not be inside areas they cant potentially path out of (you know, because if you see people building walls around you you dont generally just stand there an wave goodbye)... an if they find locked doors, they do what normal people do an try to knock them down... AND why is it considered an exploit to lock a damn door :\ people do that ALL THE TIME.. if i dont want a person to leave or enter a place, i LOCK THE DOOR!!! it makes more sense than me trying to beat them unconscious an running the risk of killing them or dying myself :\ are you telling me that locking a door is somehow OP :\ more OP than a centrepede spawning in a random cryptosleep loot filled room, or a rando Hive just appearing in your larder or dudes crashing through your roof...

seriously, this is a silly frigging discussion an the only actual objection is "oh we'll have to make the ai just a tad more capable" which is a thing that will need to be done anyway :\