[A16] Izzyssentials (v1.16)

Started by IzzyHRC, November 02, 2015, 09:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lc-soz

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 20, 2016, 01:48:29 AM
Powerswitch By Haplo have this feature : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2890.0

I know, I was using it, but I prefer this one because it doesn't overwrite the original switch.

Edit: Another reason is because I use RT Power Switch.

kaptain_kavern

Roy

Why do the floor and ceiling lamps provide 20% cover? I wanted to use them for my choke point to make sure raiders don't get a cover bonus from darkness, but if the lamps themselves provide cover...

Thundercraft

Dryerlint

ADM-Ntek

it is so why not here. how mean that is why i don´t like the workshop.

Dryerlint

Quote from: ADM-Ntek on January 11, 2017, 12:25:02 AM
it is so why not here. how mean that is why i don´t like the workshop.
Yeah I don't have the game registered on steam, and I definitely don't want to boot steam up to play Rimworld.

Perhaps some kind soul will take pity on us and upload it somewhere.

IzzyHRC

Changelog
Updated to A16

Also ...
For some reason I did not get any mail notification from this forum.
Hence me thinking there was no intrest from this end, and only from steam users...
I should have checked.

I'll look through all comments once I updated everything.

IzzyHRC

Quote from: Canute on September 28, 2016, 04:02:31 AM
Doh,
finaly understood the sensor switches ! :-)
They never worked for me, because i ignored the friend/foe button and thought you can set a target with that.
After i found it out, i tryed it out if i can use this for workbenches to power down them when they arn't used.
But this don't work since when they are powered down they are complety off and pawn's won't move close to them anymore to activate it.
So the only use for Sensor switch with friend settings are lamps/room temps or does anyone else found one?
So why not integrate the sensor switch into lamps straight ?

Glad you got it working, I mostly use the switch for either lights and/or turning on turrets when an enemy approaches .
If I were to add switches to everything in game, then what is the purpose of a switch?
I'd rather have an extra block I can play with and use to find a solution for a possible puzzle :)

Quote from: lc-soz on October 20, 2016, 12:39:14 AM
Izzy, you are awesome! You have made the best switch mod amplifier I have found! The great design and functions that work including the switch inside a wall are awesome! Thank you very much for your incredible work!

Err... Hah, thankyou for such a compliment! Don't know what to say :)

Quote from: lc-soz on October 20, 2016, 01:43:10 AM
Another cool feature would be to detect pawn inside a specific room or area, which would me more efficient to turn on all equipment when a pawn is in a hospital, for example.

Yup, had a test version that worked with the regular switch.. but hit a problem when wanting to use it on the wall switch.
Couldn't find a way I liked to determine which room to pick...
Have an idea, just want it to look nice.

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 20, 2016, 01:48:29 AM
Powerswitch By Haplo have this feature : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2890.0

Hey Izzy buddy, nice to see you there from time to time  ;)  Hope your doing well

Well, that's a better power switch in my opinion :p
Code probably looks a lot better then my spaghetti code :)

And health wise.. doing well! I did however lose my job... It's always something with me!

Quote from: Roy on October 27, 2016, 05:53:29 PM
Why do the floor and ceiling lamps provide 20% cover? I wanted to use them for my choke point to make sure raiders don't get a cover bonus from darkness, but if the lamps themselves provide cover...

They... provide... cover...
Can't even think of a witty comment on that!
Yea that shouldn't be the case, never noticed that.
Sorry to say my A16 didn't fix that issue as I just read your comment.
I noted it down though! Thx for letting me know!

And last but not least...
@Thundercraft, Dryerlint, ADM-Ntek
I honestly thought no-one on this forum was interested anymore.
I received not a single notification of any of your comments.
As such I simply thought there was no intrest anymore from this end and only from steam.
No excuse, should have checked anyways!

Danetta

Quote- By default the vanilla solar panels, stools, tables and lamps are hidden by this mod.
Well, at this moment here are not hidden and this is sad. :-\

Canute

Hey izzy,
there is something i wanted to mention at A15 before.
Since Solar panels need componets, and you modular panells don't need any, it is a bit like cheating.
What do you think to redesign them a bit. You place a
1x4 array of panells at once , they build at once and need a component. But once it is finished it turns into 4x modular panells. Ofcouse they need to be moveable.
Ok, you will need 4 comp. instead of 3 for a regular panell, but they don't break and you don't maintance cost for these.

IzzyHRC

Quote from: Danetta on January 16, 2017, 02:01:20 AM
Quote- By default the vanilla solar panels, stools, tables and lamps are hidden by this mod.
Well, at this moment here are not hidden and this is sad. :-\

Oh right, I had to remove that due to an issue with steam users ...
That and some people still wanted access to the old ones either way ...
I'll remove that sentence from the post right away.
Sorry about that!

Quote from: Canute on January 16, 2017, 06:40:31 AM
Hey izzy,
there is something i wanted to mention at A15 before.
Since Solar panels need componets, and you modular panells don't need any, it is a bit like cheating.
What do you think to redesign them a bit. You place a
1x4 array of panells at once , they build at once and need a component. But once it is finished it turns into 4x modular panells. Ofcouse they need to be moveable.
Ok, you will need 4 comp. instead of 3 for a regular panell, but they don't break and you don't maintance cost for these.

Its annoying me as well in my current playthrough.. I even have an excess of components now... go figure!
Was thinking of maybe being able to make 'cells' out of either steel or components.
And using 1 cell each for every panel.
This way making sure that if you build my solar panels it'll still cost the same as the vanilla one.

While you have a good idea there.. It would (imo) destroy the point of building just 1 :p
I like to close gaps between solar panels... I get all OCD in these type of games..
Hence the modular stuff :)

[email protected]

Update to A17?

Modular hydroponics and solar panels are a must.

Thank you!

alarbus

For some reason, this is literally the only mod I've ever seen with modern lighting (wall lights in particular!) and I'm missing it desperately. Please update for a17?

alexus30f

Please update the wall lights for a17. I miss them so much.