I’ve just released RimWorld Alpha11b! This is a fix-and-adjust build without crazy new features. You can still load saves from Alpha 11 (though they will report some errors on loading and have a few minor issues around load time, they should play fine in the long term).
Mods might become incompatible. I’ve tried to keep the API the same as it was before, but a few places have necessarily changed. Also, since the DLL was recompiled, the ABI might not be identical. This means the functions and variable names are the same, but the compiler might have changed the way the bits and bytes are passed around, causing code compiled against the old DLL to not work properly when it tries to talk to the new DLL. This means:
- Simple mods (especially those which are purely XML data, images, and sounds without any code) should still work without any changes.
- Mods with code might work without changes, but there’s a good chance they’ll need to be recompiled against the new DLL.
- A few mods will actually need to have code changed if they touch parts of the API that I changed.
If you own the game, you can get the new version by re-downloading from the link you used before (it is a permanent link and always has the newest version). Anyone still having trouble should start at the support page. A new email will not be sent for this update.
Full change list:
- Colonists will now try to avoid pathing outside their allowed area.
- Open doors equalize temperature faster.
- Much, much smarter sapper escort AI.
- Sapper now avoid mining high-health ore while finding tunnelling paths.
- Reorganized and clean up options menu and graphics settings.
- Mods config page shows load order of mods.
- Toxic fallout kills plants much more slowly.
- Enemies (especially wargs) now ignore unpowered unmanned turrets and mortars.
- We no longer allow buying back prisoners you just sold as a way to insta-recruit anyone.
- Can no longer sell rotten items.
- Treatment result is now indicated with a text mote, not a global message.
- Adjusted a bunch of sound volumes.
- Fixed pirate merchants only bringing slaves when population is high. This should be reversed.
- Reworked how slave prices are calculated so they take injuries, capacities, and skills into account better.
- Colonists now harvest planted trees on their own.
- Optimizations to grower work scan algorithms.
- Cleanup on main menu background image.
- Smelt slag recipe can use do until you have X.
- Siegers can never use melee weapons (too exploitable).
- New sound: warg voices.
- New sound: treatment.
- New sound: medicine used successfully.
- Player-created backstories and translations have been updated.
- About 150-200 bugfixes – some big, some small.